Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Is a Nikon speedlight SB-800 flash compatible with a Nikon…

Customer Question
Is a Nikon speedlight...

Is a Nikon speedlight SB-800 flash compatible with a Nikon D-7200

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I'm not sure exactly when I purchased my SB-800 speedlight, I'm guessing it's about 5 years old. I originally bought it with my prior Nikon D-7000, but I am on the verge of purchasing a D-7200 from my photography store, and I want to make sure my flash unit will work with the D-7200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have never had a problem with my SB-800 flash unit. My Nikon D-7000 has periodically had technical problems, most recently it's overexposing outdoor photos quite badly, and so I am planning to have it repaired by an official Nikon repair shop in Sacramento, and my plan is to sell it, and purchase a D-7200 from the owner of my photo store in Reno, NV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Before I purchase this D-7200, does the D-7200 model have a good track record, without many problems ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes, the D7200 is compatible with the SB-800.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------