Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

By choice,my newly purchased 32" Sony Smart TV is not hooked…

Customer Question
By choice,my newly purchased...

By choice,my newly purchased 32" Sony Smart TV is not hooked up to up to the internet. There i now a message in the lower right side of the picture says "New software is now available and asks if I want to update, giving options to show details, update now or later'. I cannot delete this from my screen, I',m using a Spectrum remote which doesn't have a home bultton. How do I delete the message? Thanks/

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

It is a Sony, W600D.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This just started about one hour ago. I haven't tried any troubleshooting as I saw no references in the book.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv?