Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Nikon D3200 will not read the sim card, or any card. Im

Customer Question
Nikon D3200 will not...

Nikon D3200 will not read the sim card, or any card. Im removed the battery, and put it back as a reset try, but no luck. How can this be diagnosed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Nikon D3200. Don't know true age, but lightly used.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been a couple of months. It was setting in it's bag not being used and showed that message when turned on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I removed the battery to power down, reinstalled battery, but no change.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Look into the memory card slot, holding the cover or door open. Use a flashlight, if needed, or other strong source of light.

Is any pin inside dislodged, broken, or dirtied?

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?
Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?
Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?
Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

- If there is nothing visibly wrong with the memory card slot, on inspection, then your memory card slot in the camera probably needs replacing. It's a routine repair - if you need information on where to take the camera in your region, let me know, in Reply, your local zip code or town/city and state.