Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Acer computer at home we bough 3 months ago and it

Customer Question

I have an Acer computer at home we bough 3 months ago and it can't open any of the browsers. it comes up with a message driver tray is not responding.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It is at home, I am at work. Give me a minute and my daughter can tell me.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just did it last night. I am not computer smart. I wanted to see what you could tell us first.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you connect him to a phone number? He could talk to my daughter where the co9mputer is that way. Model Aspire zc-700g
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't access anything because the driver tray is not reponding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to the email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds and the computer will power off.

Power it back on

Do you still have the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol...dude...I'm so not in the mood...I'm not stupid i happen to be an electrician...and for you to take my money and then ask that is insulting
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I have no idea of your background and what you have already tried. As a electrician, you can appreciate that you need to start with the basic steps because sometimes that will solve the issue and it can be skipped over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol...funny...sorry...my mother decided to pay you guys for something...i lived long enough to know her computer is dead in the water and i aint paying 26 more dollars and speak to some man that will probably speak greek...you wanna help this computer...then call me...i dont pussy foot and im not paying extra for some bs smoke up my ass
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi - I'm Russell H., Expert at JustAnswer.

Now, I've reviewed what you've said about the problem so far.

I need to ask one crucial question: - about the 'driver tray' error: how long ago were all the web browser programs working OK? a week, two weeks, a month?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened lastnight...she has a farm game she likes to play...and the blue E button when you click on it just shows a big blue screen with the e in the middle...nothing after that...she said something about driver update but i click on that...nothing ....acts like i never clicked on it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If you can, try this:

Search for (magnifying glass) and go to

rstrui

which should open a System Restore window.

Then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point *before* the problem started, i.e. any date that is the first one that has a Restore Point before yesterday, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wont let me...i put the mouse on type search here and nothing
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try restarting it. Then put the mouse cursor on the

Type Search Here

space to the right of the START button at lower left of the screen.

Click the mouse left button once.

Type in

RSTRUI

and search on that.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)