Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

About 15 years ago I purchased 20 embroidery designs for my…

Customer Question
About 15 years ago...

About 15 years ago I purchased 20 embroidery designs for my Janome 9000 through our Janome Store. The store personnel downloaded the designs from the OESD site. I have used 17 of them and have .sew files on them. (They work beautifully on my 9000 machine.) The disk does not have .sew files on the other 3 and I cannot get them converted to .sew. How can I convert .JEF, PES, or DST Files to .sew? The disk that contains the files also shows ART, HUS, and Panorama files of the three that I want to use.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have just recently started using my embroidery designs. The 17 work fine, but I have not been able to get the remaining 3 to work. They do not create a .sew extension file for some reason.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can. Our local store recently closed and the nearest ones are about 40-45 miles away.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything else works fine. I will be going to a store this week to have my needle threader replaced, but that shouldn't have anything to do with my embroidery design issue. The 9000 is an incredible machine and works well.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Why does it take a lawyer to answer my question?
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi there,

Converting the files to .SEW is as simple as saving them.
First, you must open up a file into the design screen before to converting it on your computer.

Click on "File" on the Menu Toolbar. Click on the fifth entry in the drop-down menu, "Save As..."

The "Save As" box will come up in the middle of the design screen. The "Save as Type" box will only permit .jef.

The "File name" will come up as "Untitled." Type the name you want the design to be saved as.

Click the "Save" button.

The design is now converted to your chosen file type.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

I am not satisfied with the service. For some reason, this became a legal question and I am being charged an attorney fee. I have contacted my credit card issuer to assist in filing a fraudulent claim for the $21 charge. The question was on a sewing and embroidery issue, and I have not received a response that solves the problem.

Your question was originally posted in the legal category but was transferred to sewing machines.

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service.

What happens when you try the answer I posted?

Thanks,

Pete.

I apologize for my delayed response. I was unable to work on my embroidery project yesterday.Nothing happens when I follow the instructions and nothing shows up on the screen. I am not sure what design screen you mean. There are two programs connected with my Customizer 2000: EasyEdit and EasyImport. The designs that I want to use are on a CD that the Janome store person ordered from OESD and loaded onto the CD. There are 20 designs on the CD, and 17 of them work fine. For the 3 that do not work, various other extensions (DST, JEF, PES, Panorama, ART, HUS) are listed, and none give me the option of saving as a .SEW file. I have tried both the "save as" and "import" features. Import only allows for a clipart or bitmap file. In EasyEdit the files already in .sew format can be opened, but the other extensions on the 3 problem files indicate "not a layout data file". Could they be damaged or corrupted or could it be a computer problem?
No, I do not want to pursue it in a phone call. I will make an alternate arrangement, use other files, or abandon this project and move on.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.