Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Do you know how to fix my Bose radio. When you put in a CD,

Customer Question
Do you know how...

Do you know how to fix my Bose radio. When you put in a CD, it might play, or not eject. The machine is about 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Wave Radio/CD Ii, model is awrcc1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started a couple of years ago. We just use the radio now. We had to unplug it for a few and plug it back in to get it to eject

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
The CD changer doesn't respond to the key pad. It also locks it up.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.