Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

All of a sudden when I call someone, I can hear them but…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden when I call someone, I can hear them but they cannot hear me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a 6.0plus and is quite a number of years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It only started yesterday and really don't know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

May be good for you to know that there are 4 phones..

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please look on the bottom of the base unit and tell me the exact model of the phone?

Thank you

KX TG4021

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

H
opefully, I can get an answer on the computer. I disconnected it from the power base. Now what?

You need to do the complete instructions I sent you please, I repeated them again below

Please let me know the results

Thank you

In another couple of minutes, will be reconnecting the phone.

Thank you

Just reconnected - now what?

now try to see if it is working correctly please

Won't know if it works unless I make a phone call. Shpuld I do that now?

yes please

Made a call and still not working

What is the phone connecting to for a signal? eg: Comcast box?