Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Magnavox Disc Recorder &Video Cassette Recorder.

Customer Question
I have a Magnavox...

I have a Magnavox Disc Recorder &Video Cassette Recorder. Something is wrong. I can play a DVD but I can not get a VHS Tape to play. Every time I put a tape in it cuts off.. I get this info on my TV.Sp e Li(Rear)

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started about 2 Days ago. I have tried all I know how by Putting the Tape in and following the way I have always worked the Tape when I turn it on.I am 87 years old and do not know that much about the modern Machines.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost for this?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

I will try my local Tech. before I go any further. Thanks anyway.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Over time, the VHS mechanism will wear out and components may fail, which will prevent it from working normally.

It will require a repair by your local tech.