Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an Acer Aspire 6733-688 laptop (2012) that shuts down…

Customer Question
I have an Acer...

I have an Acer Aspire 6733-688 laptop (2012) that shuts down about 2 seconds after the start button is pushed. It then will repeat the cycle. I replaced the Li-ion battery with no improvement. Any suggestions? Miles

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Acer Aspire 5733-6838 manufactured in 2012.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Several weeks, I tried to hit the f-2 key for manual settings but it would not stay on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you remove the power to the Laptop and then use a vacuum cleaner and vacuum out all dust via the air vents.

Once done, connect the power cable and power it on and tell me how it then performs.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

did as you requested, no change, it shut down after about 2 minutes. I do hear the fan running.

Thanks

Remove the power cable and the battery then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Put the battery back in, connect the charger, power it on and tell me how it then functions please.

Thank you

No, too much money. Miles

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please