Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a coolpix s5200 I don't have a manual. When I plug in…

Customer Question
I have a coolpix...

I have a coolpix s5200 I don't have a manual. When I plug in the charger the green light in the back of the camera blinks I bought a new battery and the camera is still not working

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I would guess 5 yrs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I replaced the battery a month ago the one in there may have been the oridgional nikon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.

Tell me please if it now starts

Thank you