Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Lost key for small sentry safe Mosel 1170. any suggestions?

Customer Question
Lost key for small...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

12 years old approx. Model 1170 only thing written on safe. C0058 written on key hole

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. not sure where key disappeared to. always in particular drawer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome
The only way to retrieve the original, factory key for your safe is by following the directions at the webpage below. You will need to provide your model number and serial number, in addition to some other information. The reason for this is you need substantial proof the safe is your's, else anyone could make contact and request for a combination which would falter the security and really make the combination worthless.

The process you start from is here

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
As you can see, you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Once you submit your information to Sentry, it should take about a week to receive your combination from them. You can request expedited service, if available.
If you need to contact Customer Care Center for any further questions or information, you can do so with the information here:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

For your convenience, here are Sentry's Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:
Customer Service: 1-***-***-****
Fax:(###) ###-####br />The hours are 9AM - 6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Found key

Ok, good to hear, keep my instructions safe in the event you ever lose the key again

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.