Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have lost the pairing of my cell phone with the base unit…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the pairing of my cell phone with the base unit so when someone calls my cell phone, the base unit is not ringing or recognizing the cell call.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The cell or the Panasonic base unit?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened yesterday for the first time...tried everything numerous times.....the cell I have is 2 years old....could it be an Apple problem?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No....can they call me and walk me thru the paces...***-***-****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need to talk to a tech person to walk me thru the correct pairing of my cell phone to my Panasonic cordless base unit.....***-***-****.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of the Panasonic base unit please?

Thank you

Model #KX-TG370 Series. Link to Cell Bluetooth Convergence Solution

Thanks

To connect it, on the base unit, press and hold Cell 1 for 5 seconds

After the corresponding CELL indicator on the base unit starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 5 minutes.

While the corresponding CELL indicator is flashing, follow the instructions of your cellular phone to enter the pairing mode. Depending on your cellular phone, it may ask you to enter the Bluetooth PIN (default: “0000”). If your cellular phone shows PassKey confirmation on its display, follow the directions to proceed.

Base unit: Wait until a long beep sounds. It may take more than 10 seconds to complete pairing. When the corresponding CELL indicator lights up, the cellular phone is connected to the base unit. You are ready to make cellular calls. Then exit

Let me know how you go please

When I press and hold the number 1 button as you say, a prompt comes up on the window of the base unit that says, Overwrite, yes or no....what do I press?

It is not 1 you press but on the base unit CELL 1

I know that but it asks me to prompt yes or no for the Overwrite ...which one do I press, yes or no?

Ok, though you said before the number 1 button., but if it was Cell 1 then choose yes

It’s not pairing....could it be the age of my iPhone 6s....it might be 1 year old....what else can you suggest?

Where exactly does it fail in my instructions?