Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need to move my Wurlitzer console organ and don't know how…

Customer Question
I need to move...

I need to move my Wurlitzer console organ and don't know how to get the footpedals off. Help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model # 4480 . I'm not sure how old it is but it does not have tubes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I'm not troubleshooting. I just need to move my organ so they can replace carpeting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think this will probably work:

- first, have one person gently raise the front of the organ a little.

- then have a second person pull the pedal assembly towards the front of the organ, which ought to be able to happen without any forcing (or, breakage! if forced... in case you need to be warned...) and that will get the foot pedals off the floor for moving.

If this does not work - or if you need further info, or meant something different by your question - then please let me know in Reply To Expert, and I will advise and instruct you further as needed.