Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sony 55X700D tv and now I have a sign in the lower…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony 55X700D tv and now I have a sign in the lower right corner that says update software and it has a update now block How do I get this sign removed

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model 55X700D purchased 10/29/16

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About three weeks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you