Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Yesterday while playing my golfbuddy became inactive. The…

Customer Question
Yesterday while playing my...

Yesterday while playing my golfbuddy became inactive. The time changed, The buttons don't respond. Even to shut it off. Only had this for a couple months now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

CT2. Bought it new from PGA Superstore Myrtle Beach 2-3 months ago. Stopped working yesterday while playing. Had a full charge. Never the less, I plugged it in last night hoping the charge would reset something.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was using it all along. At one point screen for a reading to check distance to a waste area & it didn't respond. Thats when I realized the distance was way off also. I hang it from the windshield while playing. There was no rain so wetness not an issue.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pushing buttons. The only button that appears to work somewhat is the on & off. The clock changed but not the date. The date stayed correct. The bottom left where the date appears.... right above the letters Nov., is 3 letters I don;t remember seeing before. they are capitalized 'LUN."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all I have.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then try to turn on the Gold Buddy and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you