Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My grandson has my old Samsung Galaxy S5. It works fine for…

Customer Question
My grandson has my old...
My grandson has my old Samsung Galaxy S5. It works fine for me for over a year than I got the 7 do I gave home the Galaxy 5. He has had it for over a year now. Back in late October it got a little wet. Not much but we opened it, (remove cover) and next day it was working fine except the voice part. When he calls me or I call him he has to use speaker phone or a headset that allows him to hear me and I can hear him. I hate to get a new phone because this phone id's still like new in mint conditioin except what I just explained to you. Please tell me how we can for it? Thank you.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Part of the internal circuit board may have short-circuited when it got wet, and this has affected how the microphone is working.

The phone can be repaired, however a repair is likely to cost around $75 or more depending on how long it takes.

A local phone repair shop or electronics repair shop can carry out this repair for you.