Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The Manual does not really help set up then phone KX-TGE445.

Customer Question
The Manual does not...

The Manual does not really help set up then phone KX-TGE445. What I need is for a Panasonic Technician to come on the phone and guide me on how a variety of what I need to do as the Manual gives me no hint on how to do most of the installation.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I bought it today at Walmart

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I try finding it in the Manual but can not find an answer to the problem. I have been at it for about 3 hours.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The Handset KX TGEA40

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What is the FIRST issue with the setup of the phone system?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the new system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(18)

I HAVE TYPED IN THE PROPER PAYMENT DATA AT LEAST 5 TIMES - ALL TIMES CORRECTLY - WHAT DO YOU NEED BEYOND WHAT WAS ASKED FOR AND TYPE IN THE CORRECT. NEVER IN MY 90 YEARS HAVE I HAD TO PUT UP WITH SUCH BLOODY CRAP. GET ON THE BLOODY PHONE NOW. I HAVE YET TO GO THROUGH ANY TIME AND IF DO NOT GET THIS PHONE SET UP WITHIN THE 30 MINUTES ALLOWED .... .... ....
HOW MUCH INFO DO YOU WANT??? GET OFF YOUR FANNY AND GIVE ME THE SERVICE I WANT AND AM INTITLED TO ON A PHONE I PAID OVER $120.00 FOR
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. This has nothing to do with the card number or info you entered, it is because your bank/card did not authorize the extra charge for the phone call service. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thank you,