Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have the right combination but I can't open my safe, it…

Customer Question
I have the right...

I have the right combination but I can't open my safe, it shows a yellow battery

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sorry had to go look it up. SFW123TSC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been probably a year??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you are getting a yellow low battery light then the battery is too low to open the safe.

However you should be able to open it using a powerful magnet.

See the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmyrnW-qKw

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Well I don't have a really powerful magnet so what's next?

If the magnet trick doesn't work for you then a locksmith with a strong magnet can open it and replace the batteries.