Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sony camera and the memory stick and I can't get…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony camera and the memory stick and I can't get any pictures off. it's not able to load the pictures. Anyway to retrieve the pictures?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a sonyCybershot, probably 8 years old. DSC T1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Initially when we put the memory stick in the kiosk all the pictures and videos came up. The order did not go through, so when we attempted it the second time nothing would load. Put it back in the camera and it we received an error for the memory stick. We tried different Kiosks without any luck. Bought a data retriever to attempt to transfer pictures to the computer, no luck. Looking for our next step.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Martin, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Martin, Engineer

Hi. I assume you don'T see them anymore either in the camera? If this is the case you need a recovery app. Those are not created equal and some don't work well when the card/stick filesystem itself is corrupted. Try this one and let me know the result:

https://www.artplussoftware.com/adapps/eng/dpr.htm