Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a KX-TG7875S with a base and 4 phones. Until this…

Customer Question
I have a KX-TG7875S...

I have a KX-TG7875S with a base and 4 phones. Until this year I have been able to just change the time when we go off DST. When I change the time it now reverts back to DST. How do I get it to now keep the correct time. I am in the eastern time zone.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last week when we went from DST to regular eastern time. I will set the time and then a few hours later it goes back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have used the manual and done what I think I can.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Are there any specific steps (from the manual) that have been attempted? I only ask so that we don't repeat anything tried already.

2) Has the service provider changed since the last time you could successfully set and retain the correct time?

3) Have you noticed any pattern or timing with WHEN the time reverts back to DST?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(18)

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.