Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought Panasonic Extenda Phones, and one has stopped

Customer Question
I bought Panasonic Extenda...

I bought Panasonic Extenda Phones, and one has stopped working. I have tried different kinds of batteries, but I cannot find the right one. It says use re-chargeable batteries. Where can I find these?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I have had them probably 2 - 3 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Probably a month. I don't know how to trouble-shoot. I have not found the re-chargeable batteries. The only kind I have found are regular AA.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should begin with KX-TG).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, have ANY of the batteries ever been replaced?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

By the way, I have found that the easiest place to find batteries for MOST cordless phones is Amazon. As a reference only, I have a link below to the search results I had when I searched for "Panasonic cordless phone batteries". I believe you will find the batteries listed there, and usually for a better (less expensive) price than you might find locally.

Click Here for Search Results --> http://amzn.to/2iV9aNS

By the way, the most "common" batteries used in today's modern cordless phone are rechargeable Ni-MH (Nickle-Metal Hydride). And cost can be reduced by purchasing "in bulk" - such as buying a 6-pack for 3 cordless handsets.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer