Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I would like to ask you a question relate dot a Roland CDx1,

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to ask you a question relate dot a Roland CDx1 , is it possible to read the DVD /CD write on n CDX1 on a PC in oarder to save them ona HDD?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Rolland CDX1 Disk lab late 90's I guess

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is ok for now I have cleaned up the DVD unit , just as an insurance policy I'd like to copy the old DVD recorded a while ago on a HDD...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

ON short: what is the software that I need on a PC to read DVD written on a Rolland CDx1

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 9 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

The CD's you burned on CDx1 will play and can be read on PC. If you want to backup everything to HDD, then you you need to rip the music off the CD into MP3 for example, or any other format you like. Then you can archive those files on HDD.

You can use this tool for example: http://www.freerip.com/ or pick one from list here: https://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-cd-ripper.htm

Let me know if you have additional questions

If you feel I answered your question - please choose a RATING by choosing from the STARS at the top, this this how I am compensated for my service to you.
If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you just have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, do not rate yet, and please ask me for clarification, I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.