Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just installed a 5 piece hand set phone model KX-TG785.

Customer Question
My name is***** just...

My name is***** just installed a 5 piece hand set phone model KX-TG785. When the phone rings and it is not picked on the second or third ring, the audible voice comes on alerting the name and/or phone number of the caller. I would like to have this disabled. Please help. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I installed only last night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When this voice announcement comes on, is it coming from ALL the handsets, or just one?

2) I see that this may be a "Link2Cell" system, so have you connected (paired) any cell phones to the system yet?

3) Does the model of the system end with the letters "SK" - such as KX-TG785SK"?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(18)

1. I have hooked 2 pieces... the main set and one other handset.2. It is a Link2Cell system. two sets are hooked up.3. Yes to your third question.Thank you
the talking called id is coming from both installed sets.

Thanks for that information.

Has the system also been connected to a landline service provider?

And if so, is the voice announcement happening ONLY when calls come in on the landline number OR also on the cell calls>

I believe i was just charged additional for the phone call ?.Anyway, can you let me know what do I do to disable the Talking Caller ID ?Thank you.

HI again and thanks for the update.

I JUST saw your call request, and can call you if you would like - just let me know about that.

Also, I had a couple of pending questions, which I will post again below.

======================

And if so, is the voice announcement happening ONLY when calls come in on the landline number OR also on the cell calls?

Thanks

Hi Greg:
Yes, the system is connected to a landline service provider.
yes. the landline system is the only one I use for this phone. The talking announcement comes on when the phone rings.

OK - very good - that is what I needed to know.

I have a short video for you to look at to show the steps for turning OFF the Talking Caller ID.

NOTES:

the handset shown in the video may NOT match your system exactly, but the steps should be the same.

This procedure may need to be done on EACH handset that you want to turn this feature OFF for.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL2JUflVxm8

Please give these steps a try and let me know your results.

Thanks, ***** *****

Thank you... I will go watch the video and try to disable the talking ID.

Very good.

I recommend making this change, and then TESTING by having someone call you and letting it ring a few times - to see if the programming works.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this phone system.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-