Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My battery is dead on the safe, the keys I cannot

Customer Question
My battery is...

My battery is dead on the safe, the keys I cannot find..help! I think the number for the safe isX055AB3233003638 What can we do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

SentrySafe is the type, it was bought at Aldies..the brochure I have has no other such information

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We just arrived back in Florida put my valuables away yesterday, and of this morning it seems the battery is dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

When I punch in my code usually there is a specivic sound for each number..now there is nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The number you sent above is your serial number. The model ix X055.

Unfortunately on this model it is not possible to access the batteries from the outside, which means you would need the override key to open it and then access the batteries inside.

On the front, to the left of the keypad (between the keypad and the knob you turn to unlock it) is a horizontal teardrop shaped gray plastic cover, which you can pop off to access the key slot. You will need to find your keys though or obtain a replacement key to get it open.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,