Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am having a problem with my Acer Aspire desk top. every…

Customer Question
Hello I am having...

Hello I am having a problem with my Acer Aspire desk top. every once and weil

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Hello I am having a problem with my Acer Aspire desk top. every once and while on start up I get 3 beeps and the computer shuts down, I shut the power off and remove the memory chips and plug them back in. the computer now will start up normally. This happens about every 3-4 weeks. ????

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Why do I have to keep doing this?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been going on for about 2 years. I have taken the it to the techs at Mirco center where I purchased it but they can not find anything wrong.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 3 days by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Do you see an error message?

No. Just 3 beeps and it shuts down. As of yesterday it locks up in the middle of a program and then got a blue screen but it’s pixelated and I can’t read the screen

Do you notice anything in common when it does that?

No. I think it maybe that the memory chips are bad. A friend of mine has some old PCs and I am go to try switching out the chips

Yes, a memory issue can be part of the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Will do. It may take a couple of days to do the switch out

No problem -- take your time.