Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do i reset a panasonic hand set cordles model No

Customer Question
How do i reset...

How do i reset a panasonic hand set cordles model No K.X-TGA181AL

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I just gave model No it is approx 15 to 20 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Four day I can recieve calls but can not dial out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That it in a nut shell

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.