Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Yesterday I lost the ability to activate my x1 platform.

Customer Question
Hi! Yesterday I lost...

Hi! Yesterday I lost the ability to activate my x1 platform. There were several loud transformer-like blowing sounds in the afternoon(lots of wind here then) but I never lost power. Is there some repair work being done in the area on a cell tower perhaps?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

X1 exfinity box - about a year I believe.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since yesterday - My surround system for my audio/video components is very complex - so I don't know which wires belong to which component.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No I guess not - thank you!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 4 days by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!