Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How doI factory reset my Samsung SDS-V4040. I had to reboot…

Customer Question
How doI factory reset...

How doI factory reset my Samsung SDS-V4040

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I had to reboot it a long time ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to reset my DVR I lost the password ***** is a Samsung SDS-4101n

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #1

1. Reset the unit to factory by pressing both [MODE] and [PTZ] button for 5 seconds
  2. Then enter the 4321.

Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #2

1. Reset the unit to factory by pressing both [MODE] and [CH2] button for 5 seconds
  2. Then enter the 4321.

Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #3

This reset will work on Android based DVRs only. All steps are performed on the device itself.

1. Turn the device Off
    Wait 2 minutes
    Press and hold the following buttons

• POWER,
    • HOME
    • VOLUME UP
  2. The unit should power on. Once it does, you can release power.
  3. Use the volume UP and Down buttons to select “Wipe/Factory Reset” from the recovery menu.
  4. Activate the reset using the HOME button.
    When the DVR goes through it’s setup again, it will be at factory defaults. The password ***** be 4321.

Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #4

This reset will work on SDR models. It may also work on other models.

1. With just the cameras showing, press the following in quick succession using the remote:
    • Freeze
    • Alarm
    • Freeze
    • Alarm
    • Freeze
    • Menu
    • Enter
  2. Make sure you press them quickly, one after the other. If it doesn’t work the first time, try doing it several times. It can take many tries to get the timing right. If/when it works, you should get a screen that gives you the option to reset.

Samsung Security DVR Reset Procedure #5

This reset will work on SDR models where procedure #4 failed. It may also work on other models.

1. Press the DVR Button to place the system in DVR Mode
  2. Press:
    • Freeze
    • View
    • Return

As with Procedure #4, you may need to press Freeze, View, and Return in in quick succession a few times to get it to work. The timing can be tricky.

Samsung Security Reset Procedure #6

To factory reset the SDR-B74301

1. Reboot the DVR
  2. Once the DVR has rebooted, enter the following sequence on the remote:
  3. UP, RIGHT, 5, 3, 3
  4. You will be prompted to do a factory reset. Confirm

Were you able to try my steps above?

I would like a full refund because I did not get a specific answer to my question
I did not get an answer to my question I got an answer to a lot of other

You received 6 steps to fix your issue.

Please scroll up and view the 6 different ways to reset your DVR -- If one of the steps does not work, go to the next one.

None of those will work

You have tried all 6 of the procedures above?

3 didferent times