Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an RX-D55 Portable Stereo CD System. When I plug in a…

Customer Question
I have an RX-D55...

I have an RX-D55 Portable Stereo CD System. When I plug in a SanDisk 8GB USB Flash Drive it reads NO PLAY. All filies have a .mp3 extension. What's up?

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the first time I'm using the MP3 port.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • try a smaller sized USB drive, 2GB;
  • • ensure flashdrive is fomratted FAT 12, 16 32;
  • • try a USB drive that has a LED light indicator if plugged in and blinks when accessed;
  • • this is to test if the RX-D55 is able to supply +5VDC to the flashdrive.