Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need a new remote for a blue ray player that I bought at…

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new remote for a blue ray player that I bought at Best Buy.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony BPDS6500 bought two years ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Changed batteries. Yesterday could get it on but couldn't shut off cause remote green light wouldn't come on. Can't do anything manually. Need to buy a new one. Can you help me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i went to get a charge. A couple months ago I brought the blue ray and remote into best buy and they said it was the battery. Warranty ran out last month so now I need the remote.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, would a LINK to an online seller for this remote control serve your need please?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.