Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Bose WaveRadio/CD -the radio is functioning but the…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose WaveRadio/CD -the radio is functioning but the CD is not

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2014 Serial # 037756960284AC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Unplugged .Two weeks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 9 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Bose stereo. Their are two things that can cause the CD player not to work. One is a dirty laser lens. For that you can try a CD lens cleaning disc. Here is a link where you can buy one.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maxell-MXLCD340M-Maxell-CD-340-CD-Lens-Cleaner-190048/10135700?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228009489776&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40330325192&wl4=pla-78289576232&wl5=9028017&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=10135700&wl13=&veh=sem
The 2nd issue which can prevent a CD from playing is a defective CD reading mechanism which can only be replaced at the Bose Factory for a Flat rate of $125. For that you would have call Bose at***********and setup a Return Authorization number. I pretty hopeful that cleaning of the lens with a cleaning disc should take care of the issue, unless you have loading issues as well. In addition please double-check the serial number. Some of the digits/ letters are missing.
Thank you for allowing me to help you. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Hello do you have any other questions ? I'm more than happy to assist you with it.
Hello just touching base with you again to see if you need any assistance. If not please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. Thanks