Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Copy machine says control panel is not closed, says main…

Customer Question
Copy machine says control...

Copy machine says control panel is not closed, says main power is not on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Fax/phone l 100 ,2014

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For over a month shut off unpluged, opened all doors and reshut

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It says if problem persists to contact you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The fax/phone is probably, I'm sorry to say, 'broken', with a severe control circuitry problem by the sound of what you describe.

I presume it has had a long life in service as a device (since fax-phones have not been made in some time, it must be a fairly old device.) But it seems, its years have run their course.

If it is from 2014 though, it may be worth repairing. Would you be interested in that? if so, please Reply with your local zip code, and I will give you references to local repair shops that might be able to help with this problem.