Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Had a power outage over the weekend and now I have no phone…

Customer Question
Had a power outage...

Had a power outage over the weekend and now I have no phone service. The light is on but the phone reads "no line"

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 5 years..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only unplugged it and tried again...did not realize it was out until yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Phone light is on but message comes up "no line"

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone system you are using?

Thank you

AT&T. Dect 6.0

thanks
Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you