Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My font size on my google mail is now huge. I went into

Customer Question
My font size on...

My font size on my google mail is now huge. I went into settings but it wont hold the change to small.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My computer is about two years old its ASUS (though its not a conventional A) series X554L

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I must have touched a key incorrectly but its gone on for too long eg a week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Well you wont believe this but Ive got far too many emails on my system so I need guidance as to how to deal with them. I dont know how to archive and if I did how to retrieve

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech replied 9 months ago
Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following steps:

Solution #1:

- When you are in your email, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and 0 on the computer's keyboard, then see if the issue is resolved.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, when you are in your email, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and - (minus) on the computer's keyboard in order to decrease the font size, and check.

; If needed, press those two keys a few times, and check.

; Also, pressing at the same time the two keys Ctrl and + (plus) would increase the font size.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Solution #3:

- If it still does not work, when you are in your email, click on the 3-dot icon or the 3-bar icon or the gear icon at the upper right corner, then there, you can adjust the Zoom option / the percentage option.

; And/or when you are in your email, check to see if the View option and/or Zoom option at the top.

- If all fails, do you go to the website gmail.com or google.com to access your email? Or do you use an email program, such as Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.? Also, does your computer have Windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.