Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The safe was just purchased the batteries installed. The…

Customer Question
The safe was just...

The safe was just purchased the batteries installed. The safe got locked with the papers inside. The outside key does not release it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Just received it last week and the product number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today and tried to open with key

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 10 days by:
11/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The key on this model is a secondary lock, it is not used in place of the combination.

To open it, you need the original factory code, which is on the papers you locked inside.

So the next step here will be to get the code from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the override code.

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.