Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Phone model number KXTGA653, how can I put the phone to

For Panasonic phone model number...
For Panasonic phone model number KXTGA653, how can I put the phone to sleep in the night time so that it doesn’t ring and wake us up?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: How about five years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since we returned to Florida from the north a couple of days ago. I can’t find my users manual.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
10/23/2017
Eric, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until your question is answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to by replying below.

Good afternoon!

What you're looking for is Silent Mode, please give me just a moment to type up your instructions.

Your instructions are below. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

How to program your phones Silent Mode:

1. On your handset press [MENU] and dial #238
  2. Use the up and down arrows to choose ON
  3. Enter the hour and minute you want Silent Mode to begin each night
  4. Select AM or PM and press [OK]
  5. Enter the hour and minute you want Silent Mode to turn off
  6. Select AM or PM and press [SAVE] then [OFF]
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
After I dialed 238, there was no “on“ when I did the up-and-down arrow.

You have to press [MENU] first, and dial #238, you cannot forget the #.

Eric, Technician
Eric, Technician