Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I hit a button on my regular remote that brought up Smarcast

and I cannot get out...
I hit a button on my regular remote that brought up Smarcast and I cannot get out and back to Amazon
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 1 year old, don't know model #
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Neither the Riki or Visio remote is working to get me out of smartcasr
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I hit the key below the on off button
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hello, anybody there
10/23/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please unplug the power cord from your TV

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power on the TV

Are you still stuck in Smartcast?

Josh, Technician
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok I will try
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Still stuck

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Now just have a screen saver slide show only

Press a button on the ROKU remote

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Does not do anything

Press a button on your TV remote

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Now back in smartcast again

On your remote, do you see the button for INPUT? Press that button to cycle through the ports and stop on the ROKU port

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No, this remote is the basic one

Look on the TV for the INPUT button

Great to hear!

I am not sure what you need help with when you sent the ROKU remote picture

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
All done. Thanks and good night
Josh, Technician