Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a modelkx-tgea20 phone some how I have caused a

I have a modelkx-tgea20...

I have a modelkx-tgea20 phone some how I have caused a friends number to not be able to be called from the phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Old , probably 10 yr.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about 1 yr. and I have done no trouble shooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No the phone works great

10/20/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (to call your friend)?

4) Can you CONFIRM that your friend can still call YOU on the Panasonic system?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

kx-tgea20 Comcast, no other phones attached , yes he can,

As mentioned earlier, (model sent is for a cordless handset).

If you can, please find the MAIN BASE (LARGER unit), and see if you can find a model printed there - without an "A" in it.

Also, can you tell me what happens (what is heard) when you TRY to call your friend's number?

Thanks

kx-tge270
it tells the party is not receiving calls

Thanks for that model and symptom report.

Can you tell me if you have access to a DIFFERENT phone - such as a cell phone or neighbor/friend's phone - that you CAN successfully call your friend - and ask them a few questions (such as what happens on their end WHEN you call them from your line)?

Thanks

I can call him from my cell phone

OK - if you can, call them on the cell phone, then explain that you are going to place a TEST CALL from your Comcast number - any you want them to WATCH and LISTEN when you make that call.

Then have them call you back - either on the cell or landline number - and have them tell you what they see or hear.

Thanks

I tried that he doesn't see or hear anything

OK - interesting.

Let me tell you what I SUSPECT has happened, and you will need to work with your friend - or try to have them work through OUR conversation here - to get to the bottom of this issue.

What I SUSPECT has happened is that your friend (or someone in their household) has accidentally "blocked" your calls, and that block will need to be removed.

NOTES:

Calls can be blocked by SOME phone systems, and MOST phone service provider's - so you will need to get the same information from them that I got from you (phone system model and service provider).

Calls that are marked with a "private" or "unknown" phone number can also be blocked - as a group. So IF your calls are marked in one of these ways, then you may be able to have that changed - with YOUR service provider.

Please contact your friend and see if you can get that information from them, especially if they have "unknown" numbers blocked.

Thanks, ***** *****

ok, thanks

Here is one OTHER THING YOU can try - to TEST if your number is ***** marked as private - causing your calls to your friend's phone or service to block them.

Do this for ONE TEST CALL - to your friend - using a home phone.

To cancel Caller ID Blocking Per Line for one call:

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone (press TALK or SP-PHONE on Panasonic if needed).
  2. Press *82.
  3. You will hear a confirmation tone, and then a dial tone again.
  4. Dial the number you wish to call.
  5. Your name and number SHOULD appear on the called party's Caller ID display for that call only.
  6. After you hang up, your next call will not display your name and number on the receiving party's Caller ID unless the *82 feature used again.

IF that TEST CALL makes it through, then you will KNOW that your number is ***** as "private" - and that will need to be corrected OR - you will need to use the above dialing sequence for EACH CALL to your friend.

Please let me know if you get a chance to TEST this dialing method, and the RESULTS - when you can.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer