Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Phone only rings once and then goes dead. Started happening

Customer Question
Phone only rings once and...
Phone only rings once and then goes dead. Started happening couple days ago. No one can call in but I can call out. Tried unplugging and replugging with no change in results. Any ideas?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: About 6-10 yrs.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started about 2-3 days ago. Have tried unplugging from wall for a few minutes and plugging back in. Looked through manual and nothing addresses this issue.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats my only problem. Thanks.
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 28 days ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 24 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.