Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

New seicane android radio in my 2013 dodge ram: cd player

says"TrAy error" and will not...
new seicane android radio in my 2013 dodge ram: cd player says"TrAy error" and will not eject the cd
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Seicane android #S09286 New I installed it a m,onth ago. cd player has never worked
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has never worked from the first day
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: also the clock keeps losing time
Answered in 3 days by:
10/23/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have taken the radio out and checked all of the wiring as per Seicanes wiring diagram and emailed them several times with no result. I cannot find any problem with wiring, etc.

Ok, it is not a wiring issue.

Turn off the power via the ignition, then hold Eject and with the button held, power it on.

Does it then eject?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that doesn't work either. I have to pull the cd out with tweezers

Does it play the disk at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it has never played at all

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the unit that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service