Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

No voice on my phones. can not give or receive messages.

No voice on my...

No voice on my phones. can not give or receive messages

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Kx-tge240

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

One day. have tried several of the phones. have connected and disconnected from the electric connection. the electric line is working with other equipment so there must be power.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

What information can I give?

10/19/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to call out on the phone?

Please let me know

I can not call anyone on my phone. So I can not call you and talk with you.
I need an answer.
LaVonne Senn
my email address is:***@******.***
our communication has to be by email.
I started with a charge/fee of $19 and now it is $26 and I have only answered questions.
Will I receive assistance?
Do you have a time-line for some answers?

thanks, ***** ***** the delay, I replied within minutes of your inital message but it was about 9 hours before you replied back and I was not online

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

I can remove the power from the base but can not remove the cover to take out the batteries,
I can remove the power from the base but I can not remove the cover to take out the batteries.

Slide the cover down and you will get it off from the back

that I have done. still no voice

What device is the phone connecting to? eg: A comcast router?

i do not know what a comcast router is. we have an AT&T bundle, land line phone + TVs

ok, so the phone connects to the AT&T box they gave you correct?

correct.

Thanks

On the back of the AT&T box is a reset button in a hole

Using a paperclip, push and hold it in for 5 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes then try to make a call

Let me know the results please

That is not something I can physically do. I have to leave for class. Sorry, but much later I will find a neighbor to assist me.

No probem, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, many thanks. My telephone is working now. My son was able to stop en route from Lincoln, NEB to Milwaukee and resolve my problem. Eric is an electrical Engineer too. He used your suggestion to restart the modem and it worked.
Two busy people had trouble making connections but we got there. Again, thank you very much.
LaVonne SennI assume my bill will be tallied and notice will be sent.
Please, then do remove my credit card info form your files.

Perfect to hear,

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service
Richard, Customer Service