Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Garmin Forerunner 205. It is on the charger and

Hi. I have a Garmin...
Hi. I have a Garmin Forerunner 205. It is on the charger and charges, but as soon as I take it off the charger, it is just a blank screen
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Can I give you the serial number on the back
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ?. Not understanding your question
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I saw online last night to hold the mode button and the reset button for 10 seconds and then try to hit the power button. That is as far as I got
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I have a marathon on Saturday and this has been my best friend while training :)
10/18/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the GPS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Several years old. I received it from my brother in law. He got a new one and gave me his old one. Worked great for months. I am training for a marathon and I got caught in a rainstorm. It started wigging out then and then finally shut off.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer not to call, because I am at work right now and doing some severe multi tasking.

It is waterproof so unless it was sitting in water that should not cause any issues.

Was it dropped into water or just wet from rain?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just wet from rain
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is on the charger right now. It works. As soon as I pull it off the charger, it goes to a dead screen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I try and hit the power button and nothing happens.

Either the battery needs to be replaced or the charging cable needs to be replaced.

It is likely that the battery is the issue here. Here is a replacement battery: https://www.amazon.com/700mAh-Battery-Garmin-forerunner-361-00026-00/dp/B00U0IKGHY

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. I will try that. Although won't help me for the marathon on Saturday, even though I know Amazon is pretty fast. I appreciate your help.

If you order it now and you have Prime then you will get it by Friday or you can pay to have it expedited.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Technician

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician