Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Model no kx-tgc220al phones will ring out will not recieve

Customer Question
calls JA: How old is the...
model no kx-tgc220al phones will ring out will not recieve calls
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: week have tried disconect one and three no different
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) what happens when someone does call you? Busy signal, voicemail, error message, endless ringing, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
nbn
no
busy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
phones have been working perfectly untill this problem occurred

Thank you for confirming,

so when you say no on #2, you mean no other phones at all (like a regular corded or wall phone), or you have some but they have the same issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
give me back my five bucks

This is not a yes or no question, can you please be more specific?

I don't know what you are saying no to. You may be seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the chat support fees here, which was not $5, that was only the deposit to post your question, you paid the feed you agreed to on the payment page. We're all independent techs here and I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do not wish to switch to a live phone it doesnt work

Again, I'm not asking you to, you may ignore that. Can you please supply the requested details so that I may help you here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model no kx-tgc220al three phones on one hook up we can ring out cannot recieve calls this is very dangerous

Thank you,

this is an nbn issue, not a panasonic issue. If you are getting an incoming busy signal, that is a service fault.
As a next step, please unplug power to your nbn modem for at least 5 minutes,

replug, wait another 5 minutes for it to start up, then test the line and let me know if you can receive a call at that point.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 29 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.