Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A kx-tg6823al PHONE. Where is the "ok"

i HAVE JUST PURCHASED A...
i HAVE JUST PURCHASED A kx-tg6823al PHONE . Where is the "ok" BUTTON ..
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2 hours
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am trying to set the date and time on a NEWLY purchased product
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The so called "instructions" is TOO vague and every so called "soft button" doesn't make for a "user friendly" experience
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The OK function is not a physical button, it is a soft key, what that means is that there are a few buttons directly below the display screen on the handset, and those buttons operate different functions depending on the feature or command being accessed.

When appropriate, the word OK will show on the screen and to execute that you'd press the button directly below it. The same goes for other features like Menu, Mute, Save, etc.

For entering the date and time for example, you'd key in Menu#101,

then enter the date, and then the time, following the format shown on screen, when done you'd press the OK softkey (button below the screen), then Save, then Off.

Let me know if that works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no .. I will call national panasonic .. there is no "menu# *****"

That is a sequence of actions,

press menu

press #

press 1

press 0

press 1

enter the date,

enter the time,

press ok

press save (if prompted)

press off

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks .. all good now .. much appreciated..
Great! Glad to hear that did the trick for you.
Nathan, Engineer