Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I just bought a Model 88CD from e-bay and I cannot get the

cd to work. Is there...
I just bought a Model 88CD from e-bay and I cannot get the cd to work. Is there anything that I can check. The cd turns in it but no sound comes out.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It looks rather new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got it last week. It is used. it has not manual with it.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything else on the unit works.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want you to run up a big bill in finding this problem. I have other cd players that I can use. I just thought it may be something simple that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to fix. Thanks
10/18/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the volume is turned up but you are not getting any sound when the CD is playing, then the 88CD has an internal fault and will require a repair.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OKay. Thanks

You are welcome :)
Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer