Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have GraceDigital HD radio and it plays intermittently,

Customer Question
I have GraceDigital HD...

I have GraceDigital HD radio and it plays intermittently, i.e. 5sec on, 10sec off seems to be a buffering issue, not sure?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

GDI - IRC 7500 approx. 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started about 6 months ago and we just turn it off until now. I reset to factory settings

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the problem affect all radio stations or some?

Does the buffering improve if you move the radio closer to your wireless router?

Hi Pete,
The problem is the same for all stations and the signal from my router is ~45% and 100% from my 'EXT' router and the problem is the same.

What I would like you to do is move the radio so that it is in the same room as the router (NOT an extender) and let me know if it works ok there?

With the radio about 2 ft from the router the average 'ON' time is a little longer, but the intermittance is still happening

Ok, please also try the radio at a different location using a different wifi network if possible.
If the problem persists, then the radio is faulty and will need to be returned for repair.

I tried the radio using my neighbors wifi, same problem. Do you think it's worth repairing?