Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have this wireless headphones, Philips shb3060 For some…

Hello, So I have this wireless...
So I have this wireless headphones, Philips shb3060
For some reason they started like turning off, even when they are charged. Last month it was a year that I have them. What could be the problem, and is there a solution to it?
10/16/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

when the headphones turn off, do they turn themselves back on again?

Please let me know

No they don't. Sometimes it's turning off the next second after I turn them on.
Sometimes I can leasten at least to one song. One thing that I noticed today, is that they turned off when I harsh move

Thanks

It is a faulty connection inside of the headphones.

It will be the connection between the power source and the board in the heaphones.

How old are they?

Oh, not good.
25 of September it was a year since I bought them
It's funny when some device brake after warranty expires
one of the options is to look inside?

You can look inside but when you see the connection faulting (you wont if it is on a joint) a self repair is very hard to acompolish as the wiring is extremly narrow. And it will likely be on joint which your not going to get to unless you solder suck the connections then solder it all back again.

In this situation you are going to end up needing to replace them.

It's better to give them for repair in some service? Or there is a small chance it can be fixed?

In my experience with these, the fix will not last as it will be a weak connection, if it was a stationary object like a stereo it is ok, but as the headphones are always moving around the connection will break again if it has done so once before.

In the long run it is cheaper not to repair as you will get a limited warranty and the repair will not last too long.

Richard, Customer Service
Damn...
Thank you Richard for your information!
Richard, Customer Service