Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My navman cannot find my Motorola G phone on Bluetooth, it

is on JA: How old is...
my navman cannot find my Motorola G phone on Bluetooth, it is on
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i had to hard re boot my phone a week ago
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Answered in 2 days by:
10/16/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

When was it last able to connect correctly?

Please let me know

the navman wont connect to my computer or my phone by blue tooth, it connect to my old one.
i do not no , maybe when i up dated my maps

Which model Navman do you have Ted?

ezy260lmt

Thanks

On the Motorola make sure it is discoverable first, so go to settings, locate bluetooth and turn it on and set the discoverable to on (it will only last generally 90 seconds.

Once done then try to find the phone on the Navman

Let me know the results please

the navman did not find it

Did the Motorola indicare it was in discoverable mode when doing this?

Thanks

I want you to reset the Navman please

To do this, while it is on, use a paperclip and push the button into the hole in the back and hyou will see it reset.

Then try to connect it once it is setup again

Let me know the results please

no it did not find navman it found my laptop

What did not find your Navman?

i tried the navman it connected to my computer

Ok good, not try to conenct to phone

its weard the navman connects to the computer the phone connects to the computer both cant connect to the navman

The phone does not connect to the Navman, the Navman connects to the phone

Like page 50 here

https://www.navman.co.nz/upload/support/guides/Navman-EZY260-MY550-MY650-User-Manual.pdf

the phone does not to the navman

You need to connect the Navman to the phone, not the phone to the Navman

Please go to the link I gave you, repeated below

and follow the steps on page 50

i no how to use the navman i tried to connect the navman to my phone it cant find the phone

Ok sorry, you kept saying you where connecting the phone to the Navman, but it is the other way around

Hold the power button on the phone until it shows a menu and choose power off.

Then power it on and try to connect the Navman to it please

it still do not see the phone

Ok, we will need to have to reset the phone, this will remove all data from your phone and return it to new but this we cannot avoid sorry so back up any data you require first off the phone.

Then go to settings, backup and reset, Factory Data Reset.

Once completed, set up the phone again and tell me if the Navman now connects please.

Let me know the results.

i know how to use the navman i have searched on Bluetooth it cant find my phone my poone cant find my navman

Did you do the phone reset as per my last instructions?

the navman still cant find my phone

ok, if you reset the phone and you also can connect the the Navman with the computer, it is pointing to the bluetooth adapter in the phone.

Do you have another phone there that we can test to see if the Navman can connect with that?

navman found it

Ok, if you did the reset on the phone then It is the bluetooth adapter in the phone that has faulted, this now confirms it as we have ensured everything else works

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Customer Service
hi Richard i got my phone to connect to my navman, on the net there is a down load called blue tooth adapter i down loaded
it and my phone can see navman
Richard, Customer Service