Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need help with my kenwood radio password. Forgeting.

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with my kenwood radio password. Forgeting

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kvt512

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 days

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
I but the money already
10/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Rahul P., Engineer replied 9 months ago
Rahul P.
Rahul P., Engineer

Thanks for using justanswer.

KENWOOD KDC SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure
Your code number is ***** (KCAR)

* Press numeric key "5" ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "2" ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "2" ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "7" ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

*Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

Type 1:
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that "..." disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 2:
Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".

Then using your remote enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is ***** (KCAR)

The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!
Also on completion of the code reset procedure , hold the track up button down for 3 seconds.

Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

It don't work

Hi, where are you facing problem ?

Did you follow the steps.