Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I’m planning to buy projector screen which can be hidden and

Hey, I’m planning to buy...
Hey, I’m planning to buy projector screen which can be hidden and shown on demand. I was advised this model Elite Screens SK120XHW-E20, but I’m wondering if there is something else to take a look, may be a bit more expensive and could you please also tell your opinion about this model, thanks
10/10/2017
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May i know what is the size of the room where you are planning to fix the projector? Small, Medium or large?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its more of a medium size, we were planning to put 120 inch screen

Thank you for providing that information.

Have you looked into this model Elite Screens VMAXT117C94H-E16 VMAX2 Tab - Tension Dual Series Projector Screen?

It's a 117" / 94" Diagonal screen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope, and what is the usage of two screens? how the second dimension may be used?

You can switch between 16:9 HDTV ans 2:35:1 Cinemascope using the Radio Frequency or the Infrared Remote or the 3 Way Wall Switch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah, I understand this, but what's the practical usage of that?

Practical usage is, you will have 2 different format screens which gives you 2 different aspect ratios. To brief it a little bit, 16:9 ratio will give you a larger TV experience and the 2:35:1 ratio will give you a cinema experience (Wide screen)

Please refer to this user guide

http://www.elitescreenshop.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/downloads/vmax%20tab%20tension%20dual/user_guide_vmax_tension_dual.pdf

I have attached the user guide of the model(Elite Screens SK120XHW-E20) which you suggested for your reference. Since you asked for a better option, I suggested you to go for Elite Screens VMAXT117C94H-E16 VMAX2 which has a dual projector screen with 2 different aspect ratio.

andymf1973
andymf1973, Technical Service

Hello There,

I have been checking out latest reviews and this model seems to come up trumps.

The Elite Screens ezFrame Series 120″ offers the peak of projector screen performance.

There are cost-effective projector screens, there are quality-built projector screens, and then there’s the cream-of-the-crop Elite Screens ezFrame Series 120″, a screen that stands in a category all its own. Fully-tensioned, acutely honed and tuned to CineGray 5D standards, and complete with Ambient Light Rejecting technology, this is the absolute best projector screen you can get under $1,000 on shelves today.

Elite Screens continues to be one of the best in the business when it comes to providing quality products that measure up to the standards set by other projector manufacturers in the business. So whether you plan on using your personal theater for movies, sports, or gaming, there isn’t another model out there that can stand toe-to-toe with everything the ezFrame can do with both hands tied behind its velvety-black back.

Worth checking out before making your important purchase.

Happy viewing

Best Regards

andymf1973
andymf1973, Technical Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was excellent answer!!! Thank you so much
andymf1973
andymf1973
andymf1973, Technical Service